Did you know that your cat spends between 30 to 50% of its day1 grooming themselves? This behavior is natural in cats, because their tongue acts as a comb.
Certain factors such as breed (long hair), a sedentary life and a dry diet can cause an overload of dead and stagnant hair in the digestive tract.
This overload can cause disturbances such as regurgitation, constipation and vomiting. In the most severe cases, intestinal obstruction may occur, requiring surgery.
There are several recommendations to reduce these symptoms. They aim at reducing the effect of continual moulting and, incidentally, the excessive loss of hair, to facilitate the stimulation of the digestive transit to cause the evacuation of hairballs.
The measures recommended to achieve these goals, however, are not always without inconvenience or undesirable side effects :
To reduce the ingestion of dead hair
Inconvenient : requires consistency and especially a cooperative cat.
Will help your cat regurgitate accumulated hair
Inconvenient : may give the expected results where you would not normally want it: your beautiful Persian rug or pillow that gives it so much comfort…
Helps the hair pass through the gut
Inconvenient : needs to be given on a regular basis and can produce an unwanted side effect, making your cat's intestine lazy.
The addition of fiber
Included in specialized food, will often be at the expense of good proteins, which must be the main ingredients of the food of your cat, a strict carnivore.
Home remedies (to be avoided)
The oil gel can, if given in good quantity, neutralize the absorption of vitamin A.
Cod liver oil
Too rich, cod liver oil quickly causes excessive intake of vitamins A and D32.
Easy to use, natural and specifically formulated to prevent excessive hairball formation :
- Brings a silky and healthy coat, and reduces the loss of hair by the intake of good omega fats, vitamins, including vitamins E (antioxidants), minerals and proteins, all vectors of good health for your feline. The ingredients that contain them have been selected for their high quality.
- Prevents the excessive formation of hairballs by causing the constant evacuation of these by the effect of digestive enzymes and fibers. The hairs consist of keratin, an insoluble fibrous protein. Cellulase and Protease are natural enzymes in baci + wellness hairballs treatment that will aid digestion of the fibrous protein;
- Easy to administer and dose using our syringe, a definite advantage when the patient is an uncooperative kitten!
- Give 1 g per day for a period of 7 days.
- Afterwards, give 1 or 2 times a week 1 g to maintain a silky and healthy coat.
- Give directly from the syringe, mix with food or apply on its front legs or on the tip of its muzzle.
At baci +, we advocate the prevention of hairballs for all cats!